Eric Shoemaker, MS, CPO
Executive Director of Clinical Operations
Eric Shoemaker, MS, CPO is an American Board for Certification (ABC) certified prosthetist and orthotist, and the Vice President of Clinical Operations, Eastern US for Ottobock.care. Eric received his Bachelor of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics from the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center. He then began a two-year residency at the University of Rochester Medical Center where he honed his skills on a diverse and complicated patient population, dealing in both acute and chronic care.
Eric moved on to earn his ABC certification in prosthetics and orthotics and was promoted to the position of clinical coordinator, supervising a staff of 10 clinicians. During this time, he furthered his education, graduating in 2012 with his Master of Science in Medical Administration.
Eric joined Ability Ottobock.care in 2012, and in addition to his clinical responsibilities, he became the Pennsylvania Regional Director for Ability Ottobock.care. In 2021, Eric was promoted to Executive Director of Clinical Operations and in 2023 was promoted to Vice President of Clinical Operations, Eastern US.
He specializes in advanced upper extremity prosthetics, as well as partial hands and fingers. He also specializes in advanced lower extremity prosthetic socket designs and complex pediatric orthotic and prosthetic cases.
Accomplishments & Qualifications
- ABC Certified Prosthetist and Orthotist
- Bachelor’s degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Master of Science in Medical Administration from the University of Rochester’s Simon School of Business
- Member of the American Academy of Orthotists & Prosthetists, and American Orthotic & Prosthetic Association
- Certified in all major advanced device technologies including C-Leg 4, X3 Knee, Genium Knee, Proprio Foot, Kinnex Foot, iLimb, Bebionic, MyoPro, and WalkAide